Built on a History of Innovation
The Division of Nephrology at the University of Washington trains future leaders in academic nephrology, outstanding physician-scientists, and exceptional clinical nephrologists. Our fellowship training program offers unparalleled clinical training in all aspects of adult nephrology with subspecialty fellowships available in kidney transplantation and advanced dialysis therapies. Our NIH T32 training grant provides additional support for clinical, translational and basic science research fellowship training.
Three Core Tracks and Two Subspecialty Fellowships
- Clinical and Translational Research
- Basic Science Research
- Clinician Educator
- Transplant Subspecialty Fellowship
- Advanced Dialysis Subspecialty Fellowship
Top Reasons to Train at the University of Washington
- Seattle is the birthplace of in-center and home hemodialysis. The Division of Nephrology enjoys a longstanding partnership with the Northwest Kidney Centers, the first out-of-hospital dialysis treatment center in the world.
- University of Washington Medical Center ranked #1 in the state
- Harborview Medical Center (Level 1 Trauma Center) ranked #2 in the state
- School of Medicine ranked #1 in primary care in the country
- School of Medicine ranked #10 for research
- Internal Medicine Residency ranked #7 in the country
- Kidney Research Institute
- Center for Dialysis Innovation
- UWMC is the major organ transplant center of the Pacific Northwest
- Five state (WWAMI) referral center
- Expansive subspecialty clinics including glomerular disease, onco-nephrology, obstetrics nephrology, nephrolithiasis, hypertension, genetic disorders, hepatorenal diseases.
- Superlative year-round outdoor recreation including alpine and cross-country skiing, backpacking, cycling, hiking, kayaking, kite-boarding, river rafting, rock climbing, sailing, snowboarding and swimming.
- Outstanding performing arts including The Seattle Symphony Orchestra, The Seattle Opera, Pacific Northwest Ballet, 5th Avenue Theatre, and innumerable intimate music venues and theatres.
- Thriving local economy supports exceptional restaurants, coffee, micro-breweries, and wineries.
- The Seattle Sounders - 2017 Major League Soccer Cup Champions
- The Seattle Seahawks - 2014 Super Bowl Champions
- Easy access to the San Juan Islands, Vancouver BC, Whistler (two hours by car to the US-Canadian border)