Patient Care Overview
Our nephrology teams care for patients with kidney disease in a variety of settings based on their specific needs.
Outpatient Clinics & Inpatient Services
Our Outpatient Kidney Clinics offer personalized care to a broad range of patients. We provide kidney specific clinics as well as dialysis support and transplant follow-up care.
- Comprehensive Cancer and Organ Transplant Consult Clinic at UW South Lake Union
- Diabetic Kidney Clinic at UW South Lake Union
- Glomerular Clinic at UW Medicine Montlake
- Hypertension Clinic at Harborview Medical Center
- Kidney Heart Service at UW Medicine Montlake
- Kidney Genetics Clinic at Harborview Medical Center
- Kidney Liver Program at UW Medicine Montlake
- Kidney Palliative Care at Northwest Kidney Centers
- Kidney Stone Clinic at UW Medicine Northwest
- Onco-nephrology Clinic at UW Medicine Montlake
Inpatient Kidney Consult Services provided at 3 Medical Centers:
Our Dialysis Program provides care for patients with acute and chronic kidney disease who require dialysis therapies through in-center hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, or home hemodialysis.
Our Kidney and Kidney-Pancreas-Liver Transplant Services offer pre and postoperative programs.These include pre-transplant evaluations, post-transplant care, Living Donor evaluations, and information about the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS).
Our nephrology specialists are adept at providing care for complex kidney problems, diagnostic kidney biopsy, acute hemodialysis and ultrafiltration, slow continuous dialysis and ultrafiltration, continuous arteriovenous hemofiltration (CAVH), CAVH-dialysis and CVVH.
Pheresis therapy is provided through the Dialysis Laboratory and includes Plasmapheresis, Leukopheresis, Erytheropheresis,Thrombopheresis and Lipopheresis.